Actress Marilu Henner might be best known for her role on Taxi. However, it is the Total Health Makeover that has put her back in the spotlight in the past few years.
With a groundbreaking book and an online destination, The Total Health Makeover promises to help health, promote a youthful appearance and kickstart weight loss.
The principles of the Total Health Makeover are simple enough.
- Read nutrition labels -- Bypass any products with chemicals, additives and preservatives.
- Reduce intake of red meat -- Cut out beef, pork, lamb and venison, and replace it with chicken, turkey and fish.
- Reduce dairy intake -- Say farewell to milk, cheese, yogurt, ice cream, sour cream and butter. Replace milk with rice milk. Load up on water or unsweetened herbal tea.
- Reduce sugar intake -- It's time to eliminate white, brown and powdered sugar, in addition to those artificial sweeteners. Enjoy pure maple syrup, honey, molasses and Sucanat.
- Stock up on whole foods -- Fruits, vegetables, grains and legumes should comprise a big part of your diet. Whole foods only have on ingredient on the package.
- Next >>