One bite of these American potatoes and you'll be feeling incredibly patriotic, as they're sure to set your tastebuds free from those same old spuds.
At a glance
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Lightly coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Scrub potatoes and prick each several times with a fork. Microwave uncovered on high until tender, about 10 minutes. Remove the potatoes from the microwave and place on a wire rack to cool. When cool to the touch, cut each potato in half lengthwise and scoop out the flesh, leaving about 1/4 inch of the flesh attached to the skin.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, chili powder and hot sauce. Brush the olive oil mixture on the insides of the potato skins. Cut each half of the potato skin in half again crosswise. Place the potatoes onto the baking sheet.
- In a small bowl gently mix together the turkey bacon, tomato and onions. Fill each potato skin with this mixture and sprinkle each with cheese.
- Bake until the cheese is melted and the potato skins are heated through, about 10 minutes and serve immediately.
QUICK RECIPE SEARCH