Best Caramel Apple Cake
It takes 10 minutes to bake this wonderfully topped coffee cake! Although there is a fair amount of prep work to be done, this dessert is sure to be a hit for any party, special event or gathering.
At a glance
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 12-cup fluted tube cake pan with cooking spray.
- In small bowl, mix crushed granola bars, pecans and 1/2 tsp. of the cinnamon.
- Sprinkle mixture evenly in bottom of pan.
- In large bowl, mix whipping cream, brown sugar and remaining 1/2 tsp. cinnamon.
- Separate both cans of dough into 10 rolls; set icing aside.
- Cut each roll into quarters.
- Stir roll pieces and apples into whipping cream mixture to coat.
- Spoon mixture into pan; spread evenly.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until deep golden brown.
- Immediately place heatproof serving plate or platter upside down over pan; turn plate and pan over (do not remove pan).
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Remove pan; scrape any remaining topping in pan onto coffee cake.
- Cool 5 minutes longer.
- Drizzle reserved icing over top.
- Serve warm.
Ready in 1½ hour
QUICK RECIPE SEARCH