Want to butter up your loved ones? Tantalize them with these sweet treats. These butter cookies are way better than any store-bought brands. "C" is for cookie, and "A" stands for amazing, which is exactly what these cookies are.
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 tsp. almond extract
1. Cream the butter until light. Gradually add the sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and almond extract.
2. Gradually blend in the flour. Cover and chill dough for at least 1 hour.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
4. Roll dough out on a lightly floured surface to 1/8 inch thickness. Place cookies on ungreased cookie sheets.
5. Bake at 350 degrees F for 8 to 12 minutes or until golden. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
If you would like to be creative and make them into a shape and decorate them, do the following. Before you place them on an ungreased sheet in step 4, cut into desired shapes, using lightly floured cookie cutters. Decorate them as you desire after they have been baked.