Buttery Coffee Cream Cake
Have some cream with your coffee... cake that is. This buttery cake is infused with a jolt of java. Although it requires a bit of prep work, the melt-in-your-mouth result is worth the time and effort.
At a glance
- Cake directions:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees for Pyrex, or 350 degrees for a metal pan.
- In saucepan, combine coffee, butter and cocoa. Bring to boil, reduce heat and stir and then remove from heat and set aside.
- In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. Add eggs, sour cream and vanilla and then stir in cooled cocoa mixture; batter will be thin.
- Pour into greased and floured 9 x 13 inch pan; bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes. Frost while still warm.
- Chocolate frosting directions:
- In saucepan, combine butter, milk and cocoa and dash of salt. Bring to boil, reduce temperature and stir until smooth. Remove from heat and add confectioners sugar beating well. Add vanilla and chopped pecans. Spread on cake while still warm.
Ready in 55 min
QUICK RECIPE SEARCH