You'll never taste a carrot cake quite like this. It's moist, creamy and completely to die for. Even those people who aren't a big fan of the orange vegetables will have to agree that this is simply divine.
At a glance
- Grease a 9-inch ring tin, line the base with paper; grease paper.
- Sift flours, soda, cinnamon and nutmeg into a bowl, stir in sugar and carrot. Combine oil, eggs and sour cream and stir into flour mix.
- Pour mixture into ring tin, bake in a moderately slow oven about 50 minutes.
- Turn on to rack to cool.
- When cold spread with icing and decorate with walnut halves.
- Icing: Beat cheese, butter and lemon rind in a small bowl until light and fluffy, gradually beat in sifted icing sugar and beat until combined.
Ready in 1½ hour
QUICK RECIPE SEARCH