Chicken in Corn Dough
For those who have never sampled the great taste of these chicken pockets, you're missing out. These "meat" patties are filled with good ingredients making for a great outcome.
At a glance
- In nonstick skillet, sauté chicken in oil over low heat until it turns white. Stir chicken constantly to keep it from sticking.
- Add onion, garlic, green pepper, and tomato. Cook chicken mixture through. Remove skillet from stove and let mixture cool in refrigerator.
- Meanwhile, place flour in large mixing bowl and stir in enough water to make stiff, tortilla-like dough.
- When chicken mixture has cooled, mix in cheese.
- Divide dough into 24 portions. With your hands, roll dough into balls and flatten each into 1/2–inch thick circle. Put spoonful of chicken mixture in middle of each circle of dough and bring edges to center. Flatten ball of dough again until it is 1/2–inch thick. In very hot iron skillet, cook the wraps on each side until golden brown and serve hot.
QUICK RECIPE SEARCH