Christmas Eve English Cake
'Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house was the aroma of this excellent English cake that's rich in fruits and spices. It's a slice of heaven.
At a glance
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees and lightly grease 8-inch cake pan.
- Cream butter and sugar together until light.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Stir in flour, grated lemon and orange rind, and mixed spice.
- Fold in almonds and mixed fruits.
- Bake for approximately 3 hours.
- Remove when done and cool on a rack.
- Turn out of pan and glaze top with marmalade.
Ready in 3¼ hours
QUICK RECIPE SEARCH