Classic Tomato Pizza
We've got a classic tomato pizza that really delivers. This healthy pie with a whole-wheat crust uses fresh tomatoes to make the grade. It'a slice of gourmet goodness.
At a glance
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Lightly coat a 10-inch round pizza pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the flours, salt, sugar and yeast. Add the oil and warm water and mix well.
- Turn the dough out onto a generously floured work surface. With floured hands, knead the dough for 1 minute. If dough is too sticky, add flour 1 tsp. at a time. Gather into a loose ball. Cover dough with plastic wrap and let rest 10 minutes.
- In a small sauce pan, stir together the tomatoes, basil, black pepper and garlic powder and a little oil for 10 minutes.
- Roll out dough and press into the prepared baking pan. Spread the tomato mixture over the dough. Top with cheese. Bake until the dough is browned and the cheese is bubbly, about 10 to 20 minutes. Cut the pizza into 8 slices and serve immediately.
QUICK RECIPE SEARCH