Cool Brownie Cake
It's a case of almond joy with this brownie-like cake. The buttery white chocolate frosting, topped with toasted almonds, will drive anyone who gets a whiff of this cake completely nuts.
At a glance
- CAKE: Grease 5 cups heart shaped pan; dust with unsweetened cocoa powder and set aside. In bowl, blend together brown sugar, butter and vanilla; add eggs, one at a time, beating well with wooden spoon after each addition.
- Sift together flour, cocoa and salt; add all at once to creamed mixture, mixing just until blended.
- Stir in nuts; spread in prepared pan.
- Loosely cover tip of heart with foil to prevent from drying out. Bake in 350xF oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until just barley firm to the touch.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes; turn out onto rack and let cool completely.
- FROSTING: In top of double boiler over hot, not boiling, water, melt white chocolate with butter. Remove from heat and let cool slightly; stir in sour cream until smooth and blended.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes; spread smoothly over sides then top of cooled cake. GARNISH: Sprinkle cocoa in attractive pattern on top of cake. Arrange almonds around top edge.
Ready in 1¼ hour
QUICK RECIPE SEARCH