Creamy French Toast
In this exciting, innovative breakfast, we've brought together two of the best -- French toast and creme brulee. There's nothing that quite compares to this great-tasting, gourmet dish.
At a glance
- In a small heavy saucepan melt butter with brown sugar and corn syrup over moderate heat, stirring, until smooth and pour into a 13- by 9- by 2-inch baking dish. Cut six 1-inch thick slices from center portion of bread, reserving ends for another use, and trim crusts. Arrange bread slices in one layer in baking dish, squeezing them slightly to fit.
- In a bowl whisk together eggs, half-and-half, vanilla, Grand Marnier, and salt until combined well and pour evenly over bread; chill bread mixture, covered, at least 8 hours and up to 1 day.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bring bread to room temperature.
- Bake bread mixture, uncovered, in middle of oven until puffed and edges are pale golden, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Serve hot French toast immediately.
Ready in 1 day
QUICK RECIPE SEARCH