Holy crepes! When you're in the market for a gourmet meal that will leave a lasting impression on diners, this Crepe Suzette fits the bill. See what all the hype surrounding this fancy feast is about.
At a glance
- In medium bowl with wire whisk, beat butter and remaining crepe ingredients until smooth.
- Chill 2 hours.
- Brush bottom of 7-inch crepe pan and 10-inch skillet with melted butter.
- Over medium heat, heat pans; pour scant 1/4 cup patter into crepe pan to coat bottom; cook 2 minutes until top is set, underside slightly browned.
- Loosen crepe; invert into hot 10 inch skillet; cook other side 30 seconds.
- Slip crepe onto waked paper.
- Meanwhile, start cooking another crepe. Stack crepes between waxed paper.
- Use immediately or wrap in foil and refrigerate. Approx 30 minutes before serving, Prepare Suzette sauce: In 10 inch skillet over low heat combine the orange juice, butter, sugar and orange peel until butter melts.
- Serving: Fold crepes in quarters; arrange in the warmed Suzette sauce in the skillet; simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour the Grand Marnier evenly over the crepes and sauce but do not stir.
- Heat the Grand Marnier a minute or two, then remove from stove. Light a long match (such as those used to light kindling in a fireplace). Apply match to the crepes and sauce in the skillet. Serve crepes and sauce immediately.
Ready in 20 min
QUICK RECIPE SEARCH