Early Morning Bread Pudding with Berry Sauce
Something great for those early morning meals. You've gotta try baked bread cubes coated with the smooth cream of eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla, and nutmeg served with a sauce of strawberries, blueberries, lemon juice, and grated lemon peel.
At a glance
- Dice slices of cinnamon/raisin bread. Place the cubes in 6 greased heatproof custard cups.
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla, and nutmeg. Divide evenly and pour over the bread cubes. Place the dishes in a roasting pan filled 1-inch deep with hot water.
- Bake in a 325 degrees oven for 35 to 45 minutes, or until the center is set; let stand for 5 minutes.
- In small saucepan, heat maple syrup and butter until smooth. Stir in sliced strawberries, blueberries, lemon juice, and grated lemon peel; heat through.
- Unmold the puddings onto individual serving plates and serve with the fruit sauce.
QUICK RECIPE SEARCH