A meatball by any other name is still a meatball. This recipe calls for all of the same ingredients except there's an added bonus of a beer breading for extra goodness. The homemade dipping sauces really make these meatballs outstanding.
At a glance
- Prepare mustard and horseradish sauce; mix ingredients together for each and refrigerate until serving time.
- Prepare meatballs: Mix meat, egg, breadcrumbs, beer and garlic salt. Shape mixture into 3/4-inch balls.
- Prepare frothy batter: Mix all of ingredients with a fork. (Batter will be slightly lumpy.)
- Heat oil and butter in a metal fondue pot to 375 degrees.
- Spear meatballs with a fondue fork, dip into batter and cook in hot oil to desired doneness, about 2 minutes.
- Serve with both sauces.
QUICK RECIPE SEARCH