Fruit and Grain Cereal
When breakfast gets to be the pits, turn to this fruit and grain cereal. It's far healthier than those other sugar-loaded options. And you make the final decision of what stays and what goes...
At a glance
2 cups oats
1/2 cup wheat bran
3/4 cup barley nugget cereal
1/4 cup toasted wheat germ
1/2 cup dried peaches
1/2 cup raisins or chopped dates
1/2 cup dried apricots
1/2 cup chopped nuts
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl until well combined.
- Store in an airtight container up to one month.
- To serve, place 1/3-cup cereal in a serving bowl.
- Add 1/2-cup skim milk, non-fat yogurt, or unsweetened applesauce; stir and let sit five minutes before serving.
- This is also great heated in the microwave for about 1 minute.
Ready in 10 min
QUICK RECIPE SEARCH