Mexican Salsa with Bread
Think of bruschetta bread with a Mexican twist. That's what you're basically getting with this great offering that'll have you breaking bread more often than not. It has all the fixins' with a phenomenal taste.
At a glance
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Lay sliced French bread cut side up onto a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl combine oil, cumin, and garlic powder and stir.
- Brush the seasoned oil mixture onto the cut side of both bread halves with a pastry brush. Spread salsa evenly on top of bread halves. Sprinkle the halves with the Mexican cheese and top with crumbled Parmesan cheese. Place into 425 degrees oven.
- Bake 8 to 12 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bread is good and crusty.
- While the bread is baking, prepare the relish.
- In a medium size bowl, mix avocados, limejuice, cilantro, scallions, garlic, celery salt, and salt to taste and set aside.
- Remove the bread from the oven. Allow cooling a few minutes.
- Using a serrated knife, slice bread halves across into 2-inch strips.
- To serve put salsa bread strips on a nice plate or platter with avocado relish in a separate bowl.
Ready in 35 min
QUICK RECIPE SEARCH