It's every culinary king or queen's favorite game of squash. We're talking about squash soup. We promise -- nothing beats this palatable potage. Enjoy it hot or cold.
For 4 people
1. Melt butter over low heat.
2. Stir in leeks and onion and cook until softened. Add squash, and nutmeg; stir for 2 minutes. Add stock; bring to a boil.
3. Simmer over medium heat, covered, until squash is tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
4. Puree in a food processor or blender (do in two batches).
5. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.