Airy Lemon Pancakes
These aren't your ordinary pancakes. The lemon twist makes them a sweet and sour treat that goes down so good. Serve with butter, confectioner's sugar or syrup for best results and an award-winning breakfast.
At a glance
- In a saucepan, dissolve rice starch in the milk substitute and then stir in the sugar.
- Cook over medium heat about ten minutes, stirring constantly, until mixture starts thickening.
- Add the vanilla powder and rose water. Stir with a whisk to keep it from clumping up. Cook few more minutes until the mixtures starts to look like a pudding consistency. Remove from the heat.
- Transfer to a bowl and chill for a half an hour.
- For Pancakes:
- In a bowl beat the egg whites till just start to get stiff.
- In another medium bowl combine the egg yolks, 2 cups of custard, the oil, sugar, salt, lemon juice and zest, baking powder and flour. Beat with mixer till smooth. Fold in egg whites.
- Heat a non-stick griddle over medium high heat and then spray on Baker's joy. You may want to slightly lower heat to just over medium heat so you do not burn your pancakes.
- Scoop out a 1/4-cup of batter onto your griddle for each pancake.
- Pancakes are ready to flip when edges start to look dry and the middle is slightly bubbly. Cook on opposite till slightly tanned.
Ready in 1¼ hour
QUICK RECIPE SEARCH