Brussels Sprouts a la Marsala
When you're trying to butter up your family to Brussels Sprouts, there's no better way to do so than with this dish. Infused with prosciutto, marsala and Parmesan cheese, it's simply scintillating. In fact, it's so tasty you may want to make it your main feature.
At a glance
3 tbsp. butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 oz. thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into slivers
1 1/2 lb. Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cup half and half cream
3 tbsp. Marsala wine
3/4 tsp. grated nutmeg
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and prosciutto and cook for 2 minutes, tossing.
- Add Brussels sprouts and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in flour and toss to coat sprouts. Gradually stir in cream and Marsala. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and let simmer until sprouts are tender, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Add nutmeg and season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir in 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and cook just until cheese is melted. Remove from heat.
- Transfer mixture to an oval baking dish and top with remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan.
- Bake until bubbly and top is slightly browned, about 20 minutes. Serve hot.
QUICK RECIPE SEARCH