Cubed Eggplant With Capers & Olives
If eggplant Parmesan is the only way you know how to prepare this versatile vegetable, it's time for something different. This Italian antipasto can be served also as a side dish. Serve hot or cold, and garnish with slices of lemon.
At a glance
- A large, nonstick skillet with a cover works best for this recipe.
- Heat 2 tbsp. of olive oil over medium heat. Add eggplant and cook until it begins to get soft. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Heat remaining tbsp. of olive oil and sauté onion and garlic until onion is golden.
- Add celery, tomato sauce, and a few tbsp. of water. Cover and let steam for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add a little water if necessary.
- Return eggplant to pan, add capers, and olives.
- Heat the vinegar with the sugar and add to eggplant mixture.
- Salt and pepper to taste, and simmer gently for another 10-15 minutes, being careful not to let it burn.
Ready in 45 min
QUICK RECIPE SEARCH