Eggplant often steals the spotlight as a main course. In this case, it plays a supporting role as a spread or dip. This is perfect served over baked polenta squares or any antipasto platter. Dip it good!
At a glance
- Poke the eggplant in a couple of places with a fork and bake at 350 degrees for about 1 hour until very soft and let cool. Scoop out all of the pulp and discard skin. Mash pulp well and add all other ingredients (except sesame seeds).
- Roast sesame seeds in a small pan while stirring. When light brown in color, remove from heat and let cool.
- Stir half of the sesame seeds into the eggplant mixture.
- Turn the eggplant mixture into an attractive serving dish and sprinkle remaining sesame seeds over the top.
- This dish may be served as an appetizer with crackers or breadsticks.
Ready in 1½ hour
QUICK RECIPE SEARCH