Elbows & Bean
You're bound to get your daily dose of nutrients in this pasta and beans medley. Loaded with fresh vegetables, this winning combo is chock full of goodness. It's good to eat... and good for you as well.
At a glance
- Drain beans and reserve liquid.
- Rinse beans. Heat oil in 6-quart kettle. Add mushrooms, onion, carrots, celery, and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, sage, thyme, oregano, pepper, and bay leaf.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Cook macaroni according to directions on pkg., using unsalted water. Drain when cooked. Do not overcook. Combine reserved bean liquid with water to make 4 cups. Add liquid, beans, and cooked macaroni to vegetable mixture.
- Bring to boil. Cover and simmer until soup is thoroughly heated stirring occasionally.
Ready in 35 min
QUICK RECIPE SEARCH