Ham it up with this delicious ham focaccia that's spot on. No matter how you slice it, this scrumptious dish is sure stop those hungry mouths in their tracks.
At a glance
- Preheat broiler. Broil cut sides of focaccia until toasted. Remove from broiler.
- In a small bowl, combine mascarpone cheese, roasted peppers and rosemary. Spread some of the mascarpone mixture on each half of the focaccia. Cut each half of the focaccia into 4 wedges or squares.
- Meanwhile, with a whisk or fork, in a medium bowl, beat eggs, water, salt and pepper together until combined. In a 10-inch skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Pour egg mixture into skillet. Cook, without stirring, until mixture begins to set. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes more or until eggs are cooked through but still moist, lifting and folding often to assure eggs cook evenly. Remove from heat; keep warm.
- To assemble focaccia, broil cheese-topped wedges or squares for 2 minutes. Top each with 2 slices of ham and some of the scrambled egg mixture. Spoon some of the Asiago Cheese Sauce over each wedge or square and garnish with additional snipped rosemary or parsley.
- Asiago Cheese Sauce: In a small saucepan, melt 1 tbsp. butter over medium heat. Stir in 1 tbsp. all-purpose flour, 1/8 tsp. salt and 1/8 tsp. pepper. Stir in 1 cup half-and-half or light cream. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened. Cook and stir for 1 minute more. Stir in 3/4 cup grated Asiago cheese until melted.
QUICK RECIPE SEARCH