When to Say When: Is it Safe to Eat?
Even healthy people should take measures to avoid getting sick.
- ·Invest in both a food thermometer and one for the refrigerator.
- ·Maintain a fridge temperature of 40 degrees or below, and never place bacteria-prone foods like eggs and milk in the door, which is the warmest spot in the refrigerator.
- ·Cook meats and casseroles and reheat leftovers to at least 165 degrees.
- ·Toss leftovers after three to five days.
- ·Sanitize recyclable grocery bags after each use.
And most important, wash your hands. Keep yourself and your loved ones safe and their tummies safely full by knowing how to avoid foodborne illness.
To learn more about Jeff Nelken and how to keep your kitchen safe, visit www.foodsafetycoach.com.